VirtualMirror is one of the first the new kind of LightWave Modeler and Layout plugin class introduced in LightWave 8.3 that generates geometry dynamically in real-time.
WARNING: LightWave 8.3 is absolute must to use this plugin! 8.5 is highly recommended!
VirtualMirror allows you to see and use any old style tool that creates new geometry like Box, Sphere, Pen or Point or that modify position or parameters of already existing one like Move, Rotate or Snap, and with no delay, instantly show virtually generated geometry on the opposite side of X axis. Original plugin does not need to support symmetry!
Newly generated geometry is virtual, which means that it's untouchable by tools and just helps you imagine how object will looks like after using true Mirror, which you have to use just before exporting object to Layout.
To use this plugin just add it using Add Plug-Ins, assign key to VirtualMirror and press it when needed to activate and once again to disactivate. Pretty similar to how Sub-Patch works.
Click on the image to see it at full resolution.
It's advised to download videos to disk using Save File As... and watch in off-line movie player.
Download video (21.655 MB) illustrating VirtualMirror plugin in work! Animation made by William "Proton" Vaughan.
Changes made in the 2.0 (8-Feb-2006)
- Plugin now instantly reacts on changing currently active object without leaving strange phantom in the background.
- Plugin now instantly reacts on changing currently active layer without leaving strange phantom in the background. You could have multiple VirtualMirrors in background layers displaying mirrors presents in them, and another one in foreground layer!
Changes made in the 1.2 (25-Nov-2005)
- Changes to make it working on Macintosh.
- The first official Macintosh release.
Changes made in the 1.1 (17-Nov-2005)
- Changed the way polygon normal is calculated. This fixes bad looking non-planar quads and more than 4 vertices polygons.
Changes made in the 1.0 (11-Nov-2005)
- The first official Windows release.
Minimum Windows Requirements
- LightWave v8.3+
- Pentium or better
- Windows 32 bit
Recommended Windows Requirements
- x86 compatible CPU 2.0 GHz or better
- Windows Me or better
Installing the product
In order to install the program, please extract the archive to some location on your hard disk.
On Windows ®, the archive is in the ZIP format. You will need 3rd party software such as WinZIP, which you can download from http://www.winzip.com (it's not included in the package), or other compatible software to decompress the archive.
Windows XP ® has built-in ZIP support (simply right click on the archive’s icon, and choose ‘Extract all files...’).
On Macintosh ®, the archive is in the SIT format. You will need 3rd party software such as StuffIt, which you can download from http://www.stuffit.com (it's not included in the package), or compatible software to decompress the archive.
The LightWave ® plugin does not require files to be in specific locations, which is a very nice feature. But for easier file management it is recommended that the plugin files (i.e. those with .p extension) be copied to your LightWave ® plugins folder (f.e. LightWave\Plugins\).
Installing LightWave ® Modeler Plugins
Run the LightWave ® Modeler executable. Select pop-down menu Modeler > Utilities > Add Plugins..., then choose the folder containing the new plugins and select them. You should see a message from LightWave that the plugins have been added successfully. The changes will be saved to your configuration file when you quit the program.
Uninstalling the product
Uninstalling LightWave ® Modeler Plugins
Run the LightWave ® Modeler executable. Select pop-down menu Modeler > Utilities > Edit Plugins..., then select the plugin files and press the Delete button. The changes will be saved to your configuration file when you quit the program. Now you can safely remove the files from your hard disk.
The price for a single license (product installed on the one machine) is 300 USD (United States Dollars).
This is the preferred ordering method. It has several advantages:
- Easy. You just need to type your personal and credit card details into the order form, and you will receive your goods within max. 48 hours.
- Fast. Usually, you will receive the purchased products within an hour (depending on the time difference between where you live, and the hours we are working)!
- Safe. You are sure your order won’t be stolen in transit, or held up by postal strikes etc.