SwiftEdgeLoop is yet another TrueArt's interactive tool that tremendously speedup modeling process. It's compilation of several tools into one, handy, quick to use, tool. It's LightWave equivalent of 3DS Max PolyBoost's v2.1 SwiftLoop tool.
SwiftEdgeLoop key features:
- Working in perspective viewport.
- Integrating Bandsaw Pro, Select Loop, Slide Edge and Dissolve Edge Loop into one handy tool.
- Super fast work even with very large objects with thousands of polygons.
- Unique in LightWave algorithm analyzing surrounding geometry to create smooth transition between existing polygons and newly made edges.
- Obeying user point, edge and polygon selection, either in creating, dissolving and sliding edge and edge loop.
Click left mouse button on, or close to existing edge, will slide edge loop until releasing mouse button.
Click right mouse button on, or close to existing edge, will make new edge loop.
Click right mouse button while holding control key on, or close to existing edge, will dissolve edge loop.
On the left image you can see the plugin control panel.
Mode defines whether tool moves edge loop in Percentage of edge length, or in distance in meters Metric
Offset is distance in percents or meters depending on Mode.
Click on the image to see it at full resolution.
It's advised to download videos to disk using Save File As... and watch in off-line movie player.
SwiftEdgeLoop interactive tool at work. Change YouTube quality to Full HD!
Download 1st animation (6.045 MB) illustrating SwiftEdgeLoop plugin in work!
Download 2st animation (4.300 MB) illustrating SwiftEdgeLoop plugin in work with Catmull-Clark Sub-Patches!
Changes made in the 2.0 (19-Oct-2010)
- Added Selection option to obey LightWave point, edge or polygon selection.
- Added Smooth option to enable analyze of geometry to create smooth transition between existing polygons and newly made edges.
Changes made in the 1.5 (28-Feb-2009)
- Added dissolve edge functionality.
Changes made in the 1.1 (24-Jan-2008)
- The first official Macintosh Universal Binary release!
Changes made in the 1.0 (28-Oct-2007)
- The first official Windows release.
Minimum Windows Requirements
- LightWave v9.0+
- Pentium or better
- Windows 32 bit
Recommended Windows Requirements
Minimum Macintosh Requirements
- LightWave v9.0+
- PowerPC or better
- MacOS X
Recommended Macintosh Requirements
Installing the product
In order to install the program, please extract the archive to some location on your hard disk.
On Windows ®, the archive is in the ZIP format. You will need 3rd party software such as WinZIP, which you can download from http://www.winzip.com (it's not included in the package), or other compatible software to decompress the archive.
Windows XP ® has built-in ZIP support (simply right click on the archive’s icon, and choose ‘Extract all files...’).
On Macintosh ®, the archive is in the SIT format. You will need 3rd party software such as StuffIt, which you can download from http://www.stuffit.com (it's not included in the package), or compatible software to decompress the archive.
The LightWave ® plugin does not require files to be in specific locations, which is a very nice feature. But for easier file management it is recommended that the plugin files (i.e. those with .p extension) be copied to your LightWave ® plugins folder (f.e. LightWave\Plugins\).
Installing LightWave ® Modeler Plugins
Run the LightWave ® Modeler executable. Select pop-down menu Modeler > Utilities > Add Plugins..., then choose the folder containing the new plugins and select them. You should see a message from LightWave that the plugins have been added successfully. The changes will be saved to your configuration file when you quit the program.
Uninstalling the product
Uninstalling LightWave ® Modeler Plugins
Run the LightWave ® Modeler executable. Select pop-down menu Modeler > Utilities > Edit Plugins..., then select the plugin files and press the Delete button. The changes will be saved to your configuration file when you quit the program. Now you can safely remove the files from your hard disk.
The price for a single license (product installed on the one machine) is 50 USD (United States Dollars).
This is the preferred ordering method. It has several advantages:
- Easy. You just need to type your personal and credit card details into the order form, and you will receive your goods within max. 48 hours.
- Fast. Usually, you will receive the purchased products within an hour (depending on the time difference between where you live, and the hours we are working)!
- Safe. You are sure your order won’t be stolen in transit, or held up by postal strikes etc.