SurfacePicker is LightWave ® Layout tool that opens Surface Editor and selects polygon's surface under mouse pointer. It speeds setting up surfaces in object, especially if you don't know or remember what surfaces were used, just click in any Layout viewport.
To use this plugin just add it using Add Plug-Ins, make menu button for SurfacePicker and press it and click on viewport.
It's advised to download videos to disk using Save File As... and watch in off-line movie player.
Download animation (7.367 MB) illustrating SurfacePicker plugin! Animation made by Przemyslaw Gruchala.
Changes made in the 1.2 (20-Mar-2008)
- Fixed working with Display Sub-Patch Level 0.
- The first official Macintosh release.
Changes made in the 1.1 (20-Aug-2007)
- Fixed working with interior scenes.
- Fixed handling of hidden objects. It works now only when Shaded Solid, Textured Solid or Textured Wired is set in Scene Editor object's visibility.
Changes made in the 1.0 (15-Aug-2007)
- The first official Windows release.
Minimum Windows Requirements
- LightWave v6.0+
- Pentium or better
- Windows 32 bit
Recommended Windows Requirements
- LightWave v9.0+
- 64 bit compatible CPU 3.0 GHz or better
Minimum Macintosh Requirements
- LightWave v6.0+
- MacOS X 10.5.x
Recommended Macintosh Requirements
- LightWave v9.0+
- Intel compatible CPU 3.0 GHz or better
Installing the product
In order to install the program, please extract the archive to some location on your hard disk.
On Windows ®, the archive is in the ZIP format. You will need 3rd party software such as WinZIP, which you can download from http://www.winzip.com (it's not included in the package), or other compatible software to decompress the archive.
Windows XP ® has built-in ZIP support (simply right click on the archive�s icon, and choose �Extract all files...�).
On Macintosh ®, the archive is in the SIT format. You will need 3rd party software such as StuffIt, which you can download from http://www.stuffit.com (it's not included in the package), or compatible software to decompress the archive.
The LightWave ® plugin does not require files to be in specific locations, which is a very nice feature. But for easier file management it is recommended that the plugin files (i.e. those with .p extension) be copied to your LightWave ® plugins folder (f.e. LightWave\Plugins\).
Installing LightWave ® Layout Plugins
Run the LightWave ® Layout executable. Select pop-down menu Layout > Utilities ® Add Plugins..., then find the folder containing the new plugin files and select them. You should see a message from LightWave telling you that the plugins have been added successfully. The changes will be saved to your configuration file when you quit the program.
Uninstalling the product
Uninstalling LightWave ® Layout Plugins
Run the LightWave ® Layout executable. Select pop-down menu Layout > Utilities > Edit Plugins..., then select the plugin files and press the Delete button. The changes will be saved to your configuration file when you quit the program. Now you can safely remove the files from your hard disk.
The price for a single license (product installed on the one machine) is 50 USD (United States Dollars).
This is the preferred ordering method. It has several advantages:
- Easy. You just need to type your personal and credit card details into the order form, and you will receive your goods within max. 48 hours.
- Fast. Usually, you will receive the purchased products within an hour (depending on the time difference between where you live, and the hours we are working)!
- Safe. You are sure your order won�t be stolen in transit, or held up by postal strikes etc.